Retirement Advisor Council Committees
To enhance the financial skillset of future workers, workforce entrants, and current plan participants, throughout life, with the ultimate objective of leading them to successful retirement outcomes. To fulfill its mission statement, the committee advocates for the delivery of financial literacy education by all Council Members, and by Retirement Plan Advisors across the profession. The committee encourages fun and engaging learning opportunities that instill a desire to learn about financials at all ages.
The committee recommends, guides and oversees the submission of comments to regulators and the implementation of initiatives in support of the political advocacy of sister trade associations including the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA), ARA, SIFMA, FSI, ICI, ABC, ACLI, and others consistent with the mission of the Council.
- Organize in-person or virtual quarterly sessions with the entire Council on government affairs topics
- Outreach to NAPA/ARA to support their initiatives (letter-writing, position, or other standpoint
- LIaise with NAPA/ARA and any other trade groups and outreach periodically to these organizations to offer support
- Help support the NAPA / ARA PAC
- Scan publications for calls for comments on regulations
- Draft responses to proposed regulations (DOL/SEC/IRS) when regulators seek comments
- Submit comments to regulators
The Meeting Planning committee organizes two in-person Council-wide meetings every year: (1)Annual Planning Meeting (usually held in June) and (2)-Semi-annual Meeting (usually held in January).The committee includes 5 subcommittees responsible for distinct aspects of a meeting:
- Host and location
- General Sessions
- Breakout Sessions
- Member Engagement and Attendance
- Facility and A/V